16 October 2009

Dear Satan

Dear Satan,

I just thought I would let you know that you will never win. You can try and try and try and try again, but you will always lose. I will not give in to you. I will not be broken for you.

I have been a whore, a liar, a thief, an adulteress, a murderer, an envious bastard and far, far worse things. But despite all of these things, I have returned to my place of birth. I have come for what was promised me...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, my God! "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Oh, I have seen and I have heard this promise time and time again. And so I will hope and so I will plan for a GREAT future for that is what has been promised to me. Jabez asked for greatness and it was given to him. I ask for even greater things than he and they, too, shall be given to me.

You cannot stop me. You cannot hurt me beyond repair. I have been completely and utterly destroyed. I have been broken, but by One who makes all things new. I will be greater than ever before--a new creation:

"See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you."

Tremble in your shoddy armor, feeble adversary. Shake in your boots. I hear the Truth and I will no longer settle for your lies. I have chosen Life over death. Your temptations, your offers will no longer thwart my progress. God has stolen my heart for good and you will never see it again.

That is where you have no power. Attack my will, attack my mind, attack my body. All these things you can have to assault. But my heart belongs to One and one alone. You can't touch what you can't see. You can't harm what isn't available, what can't be harmed. I'm not yours.

I will never surrender. I will never give up. I don't care what happens. I don't care what you take from me. I will love my God until my last breath on earth. I have chosen a Kingdom. I have chosen a side. And in this case, there is no gray. Only black and white. Either I'm hot or I'm cold.

So you better watch your back because I'm as hot as the sun. I have chosen a side. I choose to fight where I'll never grow weary, where I'll never be beaten, where I'll never be destroyed. I choose the side that has already won.

I know you're afraid and you should be. Because my Daddy's bigger than you. And He's out for victory, for justice, for Life. And my Daddy always gets His in the end. You can count on that.

I will not wither. I will not falter. I will not stop. I am joining the war I slept through for so long. Never again will I be sleeping beauty. I will help my Prince fight off this dragon.

You cannot have my resolve.

You cannot have my faith.

You cannot have my love,
my devotion,
my loyalty.

You cannot.
You will not.

You will always lose. You will always die. I have believed your lies and drank your poison and you are sadly mistaken if you think you will ever get me back. I am not on the offensive, but on the attack. My God is pro-active, not passive. That is Adam's sin, not Perfection's. My God is flawless and remembers not my lawlessness. I am free from you and your pathetic attempts to win my soul. My Lover paid my toll, my price and signed on the dotted line.

If you remember anything that I say, remember this...

He's coming.

And He won't stop, He won't relent until He has it all. THAT is the God that you are dealing with.

Don't you ever forget it.

Sincerely,
Daughter of Zion

PS--Check mate.

2 comments:

  1. Hot as the sun!!! I absolutely love that phrase. Oh precious Jesus - that you would keep us "hot as the sun" for You! Do not let me ever become lukewarm! Thank Anna - what encouragement and truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check mate.

    Freakin' love that.

    ReplyDelete