I am nineteen years old.
NINETEEN!
What on earth?! In nineteen years, I have had several near death experiences, loved and denied God (more than "several" times), moved twice (only one that I remember), been to five different countries, visited every state south of New York, had one really screwed up relationship, had one really fantastic relationship, seen hundreds of movies, spent probably thousands of dollars, slept for approximately six out of nineteen of those years (according to the statistic that you sleep for a third of your life. 24 hours in a day. You [supposedly] sleep 8 hours a night. 1/3 of your day gone. 1/3 of your life. Gone.), written over a hundred poems, read countless books, spent 12 years in a school, learning how to interact with people, gaining social skills, getting my heart broken. Whatever. All of that and more. So so much more.
So. In these past nineteen years, how much of my time [total] was spent with God? Quality personal time? Probably less than a year... If I'm being honest.
You know. If I spent at least one hour of each day with God from the day I was born to the day I turn 24, I would have only spent one cumulative year with God. And 8 of those years...sleeping. Ugh.
I know we need sleep. That's all well and good. But really? 1 out of 24?
God, sometimes I wish I wasn't human.
You won't be human forever :-)
ReplyDelete