There are a couple reasons for the video. A friend has always encouraged me to vlog. So it begins. And in light of the election/win for Obama 2012, my heart was greatly grieved. Not because Obama won. But because I was in disbelief how we turned on one another so quickly, so ravenously.
Below is the video is the poem I'm reciting which I wrote. It's called Cannibalistic Endeavors.
Congratulations to the cannibals
Who can now join Hannibal Lecter
Eating the loins and livers of humanity.
But I think maybe he has a sliver more decency than we
Being that he would've outright just killed you and me.
Instead, we kill slowly with our words and with hate.
We preach so avidly about "human rights"
But will bleed each other out in the process.
We're all blood-thirsty wolves
Caught up in throes of opinion and fact
Missing the woes of states destroyed by a storm.
Do you think they stopped to hate?
Did they refuse to slake the thirst of someone with a different belief?
They still offer relief to all.
But some of your fists are still curled into balls
Hungry for blood, for death, for "justice".
The saddest part of all isn't who won or who lost
It's that we lost our dignity
By being concerned with our own indemnity.
Making sure at the end of the day,
Our agenda is proclaimed.
The thing that we've missed entirely
Is that America is the home of the brave and the land of the free
Which means you get to believe FREELY what you believe,
But so does he. So does she.
So where does that put us? Did you win? Did you lose?
At what price have you chosen what you choose?
America's biggest battle isn't welfare, healthcare, or debt.
It's you, it's me, who are whet by the scent of death.
We'll kill each other's spirits, watch each other take our last metaphorical breath.
The biggest problem with America is me
Who can't seem to get past what I see, what I want, what I need.
America won't be lost because of one man.
It'll be his band of followers
Or those who see fit to overthrow him.
We didn't gain or lose a president, a candidate.
We lost our humanity and gained a whole lot of vanity.
My argument here isn't Obama or Romney.
It's to see that we're obsessed with arguing about so-n-so's rights
But we'll fight to the death over it if it means being right.
No comments:
Post a Comment