By: Anna Elizabeth
Will you pursue me no matter how difficult it gets?
Will you chase after me no matter what obstacle you encounter?
Will you stand frim no matter how violently the earth shakes beneath your feet?
Will you laugh in the face of danger?
Will you charge into battle, sword raised high?
Will you scale every wall,
swim every ocean,
fight every beast
…to find me…?
Tell me, my love.
Will you?
Will you pay all that can be paid to win me back?
Will you do whatever can be done to keep me safe?
Will you be patient with me?
Will you always forgive me?
Will you always trust me?
Will you always seek me out?
Tell me, my darling. Will you?
Will you love me?
Will you do all that I have already done?
I've realized that the desire that exists in women, and even men, to be pursued wasn't just placed in us without reason, or without origin. Our God desires us to pursue Him as passionately, fervently, ardently... ALL of those awesome intense words...as He pursues us.
In truth, the reason the world has turned out the way it has is because of the human's desire to be pursued. In a sense, guys do, indeed, want to be pursued. This is why they're willing to just sit back and smile as girls become the pursuers. The world has reversed itself. I mean, ladies, think about it. How many times have you approached a guy because you were sick of waiting around? Because you just had to know how he felt about you. Besides, this is a new generation, the new millennium for crying out loud. Why shouldn't a girl approach a guy? As Natasha would say, "If it's weird for girls to give guys flowers, then maybe that's a reason to. You're not climbin' up my ivory tower, so I'm comin' down for you."
Is there really anything wrong with a girl pursuing a guy? Is there anything wrong with being the first to make a move? I guess, in truth, there really isn't anything wrong with it. The only thing is, you're probably going to end up being the instigator for almost everything in the relationship. A guy was built for leading. That's why God created man first. Adam was a leader. Eve was his helper. That's just how it went. And there's nothing wrong with it. [I'm kind of getting side tracked. Bear with me]
Trust me. To those of you who may be considered very forward, very bold, or very strong "personalitied": I am in your boat. And up until I was specifically asked to be the "damsel in distress" (I use the term loosely), I was NOT the damsel in distress. I did the chasing. I didn't see my knight coming for me on that stupid white horse, so I saddled my own and went out looking. You see, the only problem was, when my knight finally did come a-knocking, I was nowhere to be found. :/
In the depths of every girl's heart, she longs to be pursued. By a man and by God. Allow yourself this. You'll not regret it. To this day, I haven't. But this longing didn't just originate in the human heart. God didn't just place this inside of us because He wanted us to long for Him. He also wanted to be pursued. How much do parents want the attention of their children? How often do they want to spend time with their kids, but not by haggling or nagging? How greatly does it warm a mother or a father's heart when their child approaches them about spending time?
How much more so must it be with the Father of all?
I guess my challenge to myself and to whomever is reading this is to pursue our Master, our Lover, our Daddy the ways He so avidly pursues us. Seek Him out the way you would seek out a lost lover. Fight for Him the way you would another so close to your heart. He deserves nothing less after all.
Thank you for such a beautiful reminder...we need it so often. This is so true, and it's God's heart to see it happen this way.
ReplyDelete