There are just some nights where all I want is to come home and crawl into bed with the man I love. To be wrapped in his arms, fully encompassed by his strength and his adoration. To have him look me in the eyes, into my soul and tell me that he loves me, that I am beautiful, and that I am his. I do not want this to be temporary. I don't want it to be a fantasy that we are both living in, something that isn't real. I want to wake up one morning, roll over and be met with crows feet around the eyes, silver touching his hair, smile lines that send me into giggles. I want to look into his eyes and know that we are more in love in that moment then we ever were when we were at our youngest and most vibrant.
To long for these things, it hurts. But it is the good kind of pain. The kind where you know you're growing. And I think to feel this way.... It reminds me that there is someone out there for me like this. And it reminds me he's worth fighting for and waiting for.
No comments:
Post a Comment