14 April 2010

God: The Comedian

So. That very same day that I said I was feeling lonely, I had to work. As most people know, Chick plays Christian music. Most days I just tune it out because it's the same stuff and the kitchen plays their own music in the back, so I can really only focus on one to begin with.

Well, lo and behold, I finally turn my attention to what's on the speakers for the first time that day and "Never Alone" by Barlow Girl was playing. I used to listen to Barlow Girl all the time, but hadn't in a while. I couldn't stifle the laugh that was building. It was so preposterous, so ironic that I couldn't help but laugh.

"Anna! Hello!" It was like God was tapping me on the shoulder all afternoon and I just couldn't be bothered to pay attention.

So, needless to say, the loneliness may not have completely disappeared, but I realized that just because that was the way that I felt, it didn't mean that I was actually alone.

It was just like Greggy said, or rather what Greggy quoted (thank you, Greg, by the way)... All those verses. I'm going to feel certain ways, but that doesn't always mean that the way I feel is true. Or not true to the situation. Haha However I'm trying to say it...

What I feel is fleeting. But God is what's true. And He never changes.

So. No.

Today, I don't feel very alone at all, thank you. ;)

Thank you very much.

1 comment: