Do you ever have those days where you just want to be capable of everything? And excel at it? Like you just want to pick up a pen and have the ability and eloquence of some of the greatest authors of all time. Or pick up your camera and capture a moment or an object with breathtaking clarity. Or open your mouth and have the most beautiful melody dance on your lips. Or have an image or some moment in your mind jump onto a blank canvas in perfect detail. Or rise to your feet and dance with all the elegance of a Julliard student?
Okay. So maybe I don't want to do everything... Just all the artsy things.
I have these days where all this creativity feels like it's ready to explode out of me and writing just won't cover it. Haha But it's all I have. So I do. I pick up my pen, or open my lap top and let the energy flow through my fingertips.
I've discovered that next to spending time with God and leaning on Him, writing is the most satisfying thing in my life. And I'm coming to this place again where I cannot stop writing. All I want to do is get my thoughts onto paper so I don't lose them.
I was journaling only a few minutes ago and after I finally finished, I went on Facebook. I was bored so I was looking at someone's photos and just was gripped by their artistry. I stood up because my stomach was reminding me that I hadn't eaten since four (which is far too long for me to go without food) and proceeded to make a tuna sandwich. It was actually for my dad who hadn't eaten all day, but had the dual purpose of feeding myself. I'm rambling.
The second I grabbed the can opener for those stupid cans of tuna, I felt the creativity bubbling. I hadn't put my pen down for more than ten minutes and I already wanted to write again! I understood that nothing epic or moving was going to come from my keyboard; I simply needed to write.
Maybe I'm just over-due. I haven't really written in quite some time...
Anyway, I'm kind of wishing that I was Wonder Woman's sister.
She must've been pretty cool, too, right?
Had some powers?
Like a creativity lasso?
Something?
::sigh::
Oh, well. I think I'll just stick with Daughter of Zion. It sounds wayyy more hardcore. And we all know I'm alllll about that.
love,
your little author
No comments:
Post a Comment