05 May 2010

I love Your presence...

Just wow. I wish I could explain the amount of satisfaction I get from just sitting in God's presence. Just spending time with Him leaves me wanting nothing and satisfied with everything. There really is a peace that transcends all understanding. Sure, there are situations in my life that need a desperate touch of God and I don't have everything figured out, BUT!! I do know that God is looking out for me. "The Lord is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works." (Ps. 145:9)

I really don't have much else to say. Just that.

Haha And I'm doing this new thing because I was finding it hard to make time for Him even though I had it. So yesterday I woke up and God was like, "Feed your spirit before you feed your body." Translation: "Don't eat breakfast until you've spent time with me."

For those of you that know me know that nothing motivates me more than food. And I am HUNGRY first thing when I wake up. So I woke up this morning, went downstairs, made some coffee and saw the chocolate chip cookies Elle made last night just chillin there. I licked my lips and reached for one. Yes. First thing in the morning. Sure enough, a little buzzer went off in my head and I turned and looked at my Bible sitting on the table not 15 feet away from those delicious looking cookies.

So I spent time. :D Yay! Haha Conditioning with food really works with me!

However, now post-Bible/God time, I am munching on one of those delectable cookies. Whoever said 10 AM was too early for chocolate? Or cookies for that matter? Take that, Cookie Monster! You vegetable eating traitor!

1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful that you are experiencing the rewards of seeking Jesus at such a young age. People twice your age don't get it. And I bet you enjoyed that cookie so much more eating it after feasting on God's word. Things work so much better His way; lasting fulfillment versus temporary fulfillment :)

    ReplyDelete